CSTA CHAPTER REVITALIZATION PLAN (CRP)
In early February 2017, the CSTA Board of Directors met at CSTA's new headquarters in Albany, New York and all agreed that with our new office now at full operation, one of CSTA’s priorities would be fully reconnecting with our Chapters and providing assistance and training. In the weeks that followed, CSTA Staff met with Chapter Liaison Fran Trees to develop the Chapter Revitalization Plan, which was reviewed by Executive Director Mark Nelson and presented to the Board of Directors.
Over the course of the next 5 months, CSTA pledges to extend its direct contact with all of the Chapters, provide valuable updates and training, as well as provide assistance to Chapter leaders in order to promote the growth and prosperity of the Chapters.
Below please find an overview of the plan, which shows both the actions that CSTA is taking, and the assistance we need from the Chapters to ensure success.
Additionally, CSTA is working with our Foundational Partners to create resources that will assist us in promoting the Chapters and fostering more effective operations. Here is an example of the Chapter location map that Google is assisting us with:
March 17, 2017 Update
We have launched the CRP today! We ask Chapter Leaders to do the following:
- Confirm main Chapter contact with the CSTA Office (name, title, e-mail and phone #).
- Confirm Chapter mailing address--so we can send new supplies and giveaways to you.
- Send all updates to CSTA at: ChaptersCommittee@csteachers.org.
- Please respond by March 27, 2017.
Watch for new updates here in the weeks that follow.
CSTA wants to follow-up on the success of last year’s Chapter Leadership Summit, and want you to join us for this year’s summit on July 8, 2017 at the CSTA Conference in Baltimore. We’re asking every Chapter to ensure that at least one leader attends the conference and takes part in the Summit! If we can achieve this goal, it will help us truly build a lasting and effective partnership between CSTA and the Chapters. To register for the Leadership Summit click here.
Chapter Leaders are invited to a reception on Saturday, July 8, 2017 at the annual conference. This will provide an exclusive opportunity for Chapter leaders to directly interact with members of the CSTA Board and staff. More information to follow!
New leaders who are first-time attendees to the conference—please take advantage and apply for one of the 35 Oracle Scholarships! These scholarships provide $1,000.00 grants to cover registration, hotel, and other travel expenses. The application period opens on April 1. Please share this information with your chapter members as well. More information will soon follow!
After Phase 1
Going forward after the Conference, we will move into Phase 2 of the CRP, where CSTA will:
- Offer non-profit governance, finance, membership and events training.
- Assist Chapters with their online presence and further connect and utilize the CSTA website and association management system.
- Lead K-12 CS teacher community building in your geography to engage, promote and facilitate CSTA PD programs including the Continuing Professional Development Pipeline among others.
- Develop additional benefits based on our conversations in Phase I and at the Chapter Leadership Summit.
We Look Forward to Working with You!
We are here to help! Chapter success is CSTA’s success!
Thank you for your time, talents and energy as a CSTA Chapter Leader!