Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator
Large projects with significant CSTA participation and/or management are most appropriate for CSTA to serve as a principal investigator (PI) or co-principal investigator. CSTA has a successful track record of receiving grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and can work with you in all stages of preparing the grant proposal.
For requests for CSTA's involvement as a PI or co-PI on a grant proposal, please contact us.
Projects for which CSTA would provide significant resources for a self-contained portion of a broader project (such as running a workshop) are most appropriate for CSTA to serve as a paid subcontractor of the project.
For requests for CSTA's involvement as a subcontractor on a grant proposal, please contact us at least three weeks before the letter is required. This email should contain the following information:
- a 2-3 paragraph description of the nature and purpose of the project
- a description of the audience the project is intended to serve
- an explanation of how the project will support CSTA's mission
- an explanation of how the project will benefit CSTA members
- a statement of any further assistance you are requesting from CSTA in support of the project
Once this email has been received by the Grants Committee Chair, it will be forwarded to the CSTA Executive Committee and the CSTA Executive Director for review.
Criteria for All Requests
The Executive Committee, the Grants Chair, and the Executive Director will conduct their review based upon the following criteria:
- The overall quality of the project (as described)
- The extent to which the project is consistent withCSTA's mission
- The extent to which the project forwards CSTA's goals and objectives
- The extent to which the project will benefit CSTA members
- The extent to which the curriculum goals of the project reflect CSTA's curriculum priorities and documents
- The extent to which the project may or may not be in conflict with proposals that CSTA is submitting to the same or similar grant programs or institutions
- Institutional membership with CSTA
All requests will be dealt with in a timely manner and the original requestor will be notified of CSTA's decision within two weeks of the request.