CSTA's Charter of Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities
As part of its commitment to providing volunteer opportunities that benefit our educational community and offer leadership opportunities for our members, CSTA has created a Charter of Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities to govern all of our member activities. These rights and responsibilities are detailed here.
Rights of CSTA Volunteers
- The right to know about the organization's policies, program and staff.
- The right to feel included as a valuable member within the community of the organization.
- The right to work in a climate that values volunteerism and volunteer service.
- The right to be treated with respect, fairness, and equity.
- The right to participate in a program that enhances and extends the organization's goals.
- The right to receive challenging and meaningful assignments that match personal goals, abilities, and experience, and to promote personal and professional growth.
- The right to sound guidance and direction by someone who is experienced, well-informed, patient, and thoughtful.
- The right to receive orientation, training, guidance, feedback, and the resources necessary to carry out assignments.
- The right to honest and open communication.
- The right to formal and informal expressions of appreciation and recognition.
Responsibilities of CSTA Volunteers
- The responsibility to honor commitments.
- The responsibility to learn and follow organizational policies and procedures.
- The responsibility to maintain professional standards and to perform assigned tasks to the best of one's abilities.
- The responsibility to embrace the values of the organization.
- The responsibility to privately and publicly express support for the organization.
- The responsibility to pursue excellence.
- The responsibility to respect others and the diversity of opinions.
- The responsibility to be open to change.
- The responsibility to work with compassion, caring, and commitment.
- The responsibility to safeguard confidential information and protect privacy.
Volunteer with CSTA!