Oracle Academy & CSTA announce the return of the Oracle Academy Scholarship
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Posted by: Sara-Becca Smith
We are beyond thrilled to announce that one of our conference sponsors and friends, Oracle Academy, has for a second year in a row graciously decided to offer 35 scholarships to first-time conference attendees to join us this July in Baltimore! This is an expansion of last year’s inaugural scholarship offering of 20 scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must fit the following criteria:
- You are a first time K-12 teacher attendee to the CSTA Annual conference;
- You have not taken or registered for an Oracle Academy event; and
- You must apply for the scholarship no later than May 1, 2017. The application period will open on April 1, 2017.
Recipients of the award will receive a scholarship funded by Oracle Academy to attend the 2017 CSTA Annual Conference, which will cover up to $1,000 per awardee, to include:
- Conference registration;
- Up to 3 nights of lodging at the conference venue or comparable location (if the conference venue is sold out);
- Travel expense support (toward transportation and meals);
- Recipients will receive special recognition as a recipient of an Oracle Academy scholarship at the conference.
After May 1, recipients will be selected by the CSTA listed objective criteria, using a pre-determined process. The 35 winners will be notified by May 15, 2017, and will then be given detailed instructions to finalize travel plans. Further rules/obligations are outlined on the application.
Oracle Academy supports new ideas to strengthen teaching and learning, and they know that some of the best teaching methods come from fellow educators. CSTA is proud to partner with Oracle Academy and appreciates their support in as we work to empower, engage, and advocate for K-12 CS teachers.
Awardees past and present can connect #OAscholar
Application period opens April 1, 2017.